Chorley Healey Scout Group started out as Rivington & Heath Charnock Group in 1949, it closed down in March 1954, but was reformed in September the same year.
            In 1960 most of its Scouts came from Chorley, so they moved into the town.
With no permanant home they used amongst other venues Eaves Lane Congregational Church, the Mayfield Centre on Stump Lane and The Community centre on Railway Street.
           They aquired a plot of land next to Highfield Primary School in 1962 and on it they built a "Scout Hut". They moved into it in 1965. They used "The Scout Hut" until it was burned down by vandals in August 1993. Highfield School became the next home until the new District Centre/Chorley Healey Scout Hut was opened in April 1996.